From an eyrie art request.
Mthvarisa was worked upon over the summer of 2012, and I remember getting all of the lineart done and then realizing, oh crap, I forgot that eyries (essentially griffins) had wings!
And so I went back and tussled with myself over how to add them, and after a week of work I had finished the inking and coloring. About 18 months later, I revisited the picture and gave it a drabber brown color while cutting the tail’s length down.
This is the original look of the picture, with my mild departures from the actual purple color of the art reference I was given.
This is a more faithful reproduction of the art reference’s colors, since I felt guilty about playing with the colors as much as I did.
This progress animation shows how I got from the lineart to the initial purple coloration, and then later to the browner colors.